Friday, January 21, 2011

Massage Time

Yesterday Tate and I went to an infant massage class. It was a small group, just 3 babies and all were under 8 weeks. It was a lot of fun and I had the brilliant idea that it would be a great way to have some family time and include Declan on something with the baby. So while Declan was in the tub I set out a couple blankets and pillows and I massaged Tate and showed Don how to do the same massage with Declan.

Let's just say things did not go according to plan. Declan enjoyed it in his own special way and I think it had the opposite effect we were hoping for. He was so excited about doing something new he could not sit still for more than 10-15 seconds. He'd lay down, then run and grab another pillow, then lay down and then want to massage Tate. By the end of it he was laying on about 7 pillows, then proclaimed that it was "too high".

We got a good laugh out of it, we'll see if it goes a little smoother next time!






And just for fun - we're one day shy of a month old today!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL I love the pic of Declan on the pillows. He cracks me up. Tate is super cute, can't wait to meet him. Hope you guys are well. XO